Pages

Saturday 11 August 2012

15 Day Nail Challenge - Day 11 Metallic


I didn’t have much time for today’s nails so I simply painted them with GOSH holographic! I know that this isn’t technically metallic but I really wanted to include it in this challenge, I was going to use it for the final day but then I had a better idea for that day so decided to use it today.


I found this polish in a clearance bin in Superdrug! It was less than ¼ full with polish and almost totally dried up and unusable. However, I had wanted it for so long and it is discontinued so I bought it anyway, even though it was £2 which I thought was steep for something that I potentially would never be able to use. I took it home and after almost 100 drops of polish thinner and a few steel balls later, this is what I was left with! 

 


 

I don’t think it is actually as holographic as it was originally meant to be but it is still pretty special. It is very difficult to apply and the formula is a nightmare to work with. Additionally it shows up every single flaw in your nail particularly because it is impossible to use a regular base coat with.

 


 

Thank you for reading!

5 comments:

  1. What a bargain! I wish I had known that polish thinner existed when I was moving out of my Mum's house years ago, the amount of old Spectacular polish I dumped.... aaaaaagh! This still looks really good, a great rescue :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was buying it the woman in the shop was like 'Why don't you try adding nail polish remover?' and I was like, 'NOOO!!' and had to explain to her that it decays the polish formula...
      I was very happy to find it, thanks! x

      Delete
  2. I was lucky enough to find a full bottle in Superdrug, as well as Rainbow a short while after! I love this polish, though the time it lasts is very,very short lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I am on the hunt for a backup. I would like to compair between the original formula and the one with thinner to see if either lasts longer. It's a shame it doesn't last though, isn't it? Someone should make a topcoat which doens't dull the holo effect! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...