Pages

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Purple Flowers


Good afternoon, everyone! Today I have some floral nails to show you that I did yesterday. I decided that I wanted to do a design including flowers and including Orly Oui and this is the result! 




 I used NYC – Lavender Cupcake and of course Orly Oui for the centre of each flower then for the actual flowers I used a mixture of several different purples to create different shades. I love how this turned out but I feel like some nails are a bit sparse. I like how there is no uniformity to the flowers and that they are all different colours but because they all belong to the same colour family it still ties together nicely. I will have to try this with different colour combinations!

 

 

 

This design is super easy to do; all you need are several different coloured polishes and a few different sizes of dotting tool. If you don’t own any dotting tools you can use objects from around the house such as bobby pins or pencils. 

 

 

Either tomorrow or Thursday I will post my ‘celebration’ OR ‘commiseration’ nails which I will do because on Thursday I receive my GCSE results (EEEK!) so keep an eye out for them, I am thinking as much glitter as humanly possible! Also today is the last day of voting for the winner of Makeup Savvy’s Nail Challenge so please vote for me if you get the chance! Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute and girly design!

    Also I wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for a Liebster Award http://www.colouratyourfingertips.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...